“When a person is drowning is not the time to teach him to swim”
Between Parent and Teenager, Haim Ginott
1. “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke
2. “He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.
3. How much of human life is lost in waiting?
Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. “Post hoc, ergo, propter hoc”; Because one thing
follows another, does not mean one thing causes the other.
5.“Without a family, Man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold.” Andre Maurois
6. “If you create an act, you create a habit. If you create a habit, you create a character. If you create a character, you create a destiny.” Andre Maurois
7. “No matter how dark the moment, Love and hope are always possible” George Chakiris.
8. “The human voice can never reach the distance that is covered by the still small voice of conscience.”
9. “Be the change that you want to see in the world. ”
10. “To the wicked, everything serves as a pretext” Voltaire
11. Integrity is what you do when no one is looking. Brooks Gibson
12. Maturity is doing the right thing, in spite of how we feel. Brooks Gibson
13. Character says what it means, and means what it says. Brooks Gibson
14. You’re either part of the solution or you’re part of the the problem. Eldridge Cleaver
15. Experience is a brutal teacher. But you learn, my God, do you learn. C.S. Lewis
16. Family is a haven in a heartless world. Christopher Lasch
17. Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops at all. Emily Dickinson